[Year 12 Its] Re: Internal documentation

robertw robertw at lakessc.vic.edu.au
Mon May 23 12:24:15 EST 2005

Hi Kevin,

I agree, we do seem to be at odds, however I try to see the technology
having some sort of ultimate purpose for humans somewhere along the track
(though at times I seriously wonder if some designers have any humans in
mind when they design their systems I have struggled with :-).  I like to
use the notion of people gaining advantage from using the technology as a
lever to interpret situations.  I feel any definition of primary or
secondary data can be peeled away or overlayed with different levels of
processing to justify any particular interpretation.

In other words IT is not a value free system and resolution of difficult
nuances can sometimes best be resolved by invoking "what is the human
advantage?" concept.

Thanks for a good debate ;-)

Cheers,
Rob Ward