[Year 12 Its] Internal documentation

Silver Chen silver at marian.melb.catholic.edu.au
Thu May 19 15:18:30 EST 2005

hi, all:
>From what My understanding:
There are at least three levels of help existing in the software.
Hint Level:
Hint level help is used t exist in the program when the programmer
wrote the program. You can see this kind of help comprise by very simple
sentences. It's definitely internal and most handy.

Chm level:
This kind of help can provide more detail information and more
functions like Search, Index, etc. This help is made by individual help
document maker (like chm maker or something). They are coming with
software as a free part.

Internet Level:
When you click the help, the help will open IE and bring you into the
website to get the result. There is no doubt this is external help.

Does that help?

Yours Silver

Silver Chen
silver at marian.melb.catholic.edu.au
IT Network Manager
Marian Catholic lady College
Telephone:93631711-221
Fax:93632386
SunShine, Melbourne
Australia

>>> john.edwards at gippslandgs.vic.edu.au 5/19/2005 2:42:54 PM >>>
Hi All,

I have a quick question regarding documentation.

I have told my class that internal documentation consists of comments
within the coding and the documenting of variables and the like so that
their names form documentation (extrinsic and intrinsic).

My question is whether, Help that comes with a software package like
Word or Excel, is considered internal or external. The Help itself must
form part of the software so does that mean it is internal or since it
is available only at run time is it considered external?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers,

John Edwards
Gippsland Grammar School