[Year 12 Its] Re: Naming Conventions

Robert Timmer-Arends timmer at melbpc.org.au
Sun May 15 15:48:39 EST 2005

> > > And before GW-BASIC there was MS-BASIC.
> > >
> > > And before MS-BASIC there was, well, let's see here...
> > >
> > There was Beginners All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code, or BASIC,
created

> Eventually, yes.
>
> But well before MS-BASIC, there were a plethora of other BASICs. Thus
> providing Bill Gates with the source code listings he needed to start a
> company.

Sorry to be picky Con but there was no 'eventually'. I am talking about 1964
when BASIC was first created  - running on mini-computers (or possibly even
university mainframes) well before microprocessors were a twinkle in Mr
Moore's eye.

MS-BASIC didn't start roaming the Earth until the 70's.

Regards
Robert T-A