[Year 12 Its] Don't water down the fun.

Roland Gesthuizen rge at westallsc.vic.edu.au
Fri May 13 10:25:12 EST 2005

I think Con has hit the nail on the head when he says that what tool that
you use to teach depends on what you need to teach. Sometimes it depends on
what you have available and how you wish to teach.

We don't want to water down all the fun. A student teacher in my middle
school IT class just ran a great series of lessons programming with MSWLogo.
I havn't touched it in years but the students were engaged by his learning
strategies. I still recall the days in the early 80's when I goofed about
making a morse code generator in Apple Basic, tinkering with machine code
and analogue computing. Today my students are goofing about with GameMaker.
If it isn't serious enough, then I'll try a stern expression on my face.

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Westall Secondary College
http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au