[Year 12 Its] Primary vs Secondary Data Sources

Adrian Janson jansona at mhs.vic.edu.au
Thu May 12 10:50:08 EST 2005

Hi Kevork,

I think I would have to agree with you.  I believe that primary data sources
are ones which you collect first hand, whereas secondary sources are ones
that have already undergone some sort of processing or interpretation.

In the example you quoted - I would think that customer satisfaction surveys
would be primary data (as long as you conducted the survey yourself, as
opposed to an outsourced job).  Customer complaints log is also primary
data.

Cheers,
Adrian