[Year 12 Its] Assessment Timelines

Barry Larkin larkin.barry.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Aug 12 10:39:40 EST 2005

Hi all

Due to the amount of time it can take I tend to give the students a basic
module (usually my version of what they already completed in Unit3) and get
them to complete further modules to make a complete application. (Currently
a DBS with add, delete, amend, search etc.)

The SAC starts of with a statement something like "A previous programmer was
employed to create the browsing module for a Nursery? DBS but has now left
the area. The owners would like you to complete the programming by adding
the following modules.............." They also get the previous programmer's
database and test data (which they have to add to as required.

By doing it this way it cuts down on the overall time spent. I can also use
it to emphasise the importance of internal documentation.

Those going on to become programmers will quite likely spend a fair bit of
their working life on maintenance programming also.

Barry L
Cahndler SC.