[Year 12 IPM] OT: Green Screening with computers

Michael Torsello (Mr) michael at stmargarets.vic.edu.au
Fri Oct 27 09:36:52 EST 2006

Dear Colleagues
I have an Off Topic question that I hope someone can answer.

My Drama teacher would like to invest in some computer technology that
allows for green (or blue) screen editing i.e., filming actors in front
of a green screen and allowing the computer user to change the
background. You would have heard of it being used in films and for
weather reports.

However we have a disagreement as to the requirements of such a project
regarding software, computer specs etc.

Does anyone know of a school that has successfully implemented such a
project, perhaps in their Drama or Media Studies department?
I would love to hear from them, with the possibility of a visit.

With thanks
Michael Torsello
Director of Computing
St Margaret's School, Berwick