[Year 12 IPM] Knowledge Management

Stephen Loosley stephen at melbpc.org.au
Thu Oct 19 12:51:16 EST 2006

At 11:24 PM 18/10/2006, Charmaine Taylor wrote:

> "Nice try Stephen ..
>
>  .. Knowledge management .. is directly related to IT Apps."

Which, long term, is very different to Knowledge Management.

> IT Apps is broader than knowledge management ..

No, and the difference is, KM is a verb, and IT Apps is a noun.

For example, what's broader and deeper, an action, or a thing?

Honestly, now retired, and living very comfortably with my super
and companies, all I care about is the truth. Sure IT Apps is safe
and recognizable, but, of what use to an employer whom already
has a G3 structure? Further study and a successful life demands
confident, quick info-management skills. It's a matter of emphasis
in learning outcomes for the next decade that matters to everyone.

Sincere congratulations to the current course writers. Do hope you
also write the next, and you might consider a Melb Uni Ed Fac input.

Regards all ..
Stephen Loosley
Melbourne, Australia.