[Year 12 IPM] McKinnon is running SoD!

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Sun Oct 15 23:33:15 EST 2006

Hi Mark,

  Never fear , lots of SOD teachers are here  !
Fortran, Cobol and machine code are really interesting , but more for
historical reasons and neither for SOD nor even for current course purposes.
FIFO and LIFO are also out of the Study Design, however you could give OOP a
nice run.
It may be comforting to know that there will be someone who has done some
work on most of the areas you will be sweating over this summer.

 The two programming tasks will be :

 1. To program a module suitable to run on a portable device and
 2. To program a solution to a problem taking into account the network
environment the solution will need to operate within. I take this to mean
concurrency , sharing of databases as updates are made and committed.

   The other issue is you are required to use the same programming language
for both tasks. I could think of different languages that would work nicely
in each instance ( eg. Java, VB.NET for the first task ,  PHP for the second
, but no such luxury I am afraid ).

 Welcome aboard and let's continue on the IT Systems list ......

Kevork Krozian
Mailing List Creator and Administrator
kevork at edulists.com.au
www.edulists.com.au