[Year 12 IPM] U3O2 Virtual Teams

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Nov 29 08:20:45 EST 2006

Key things to remember abuout ITA U3O2, as I understand it...

- Knowledge sharing is part of it, but the solution must also facilitate
team decision-making.  (So a static website with info on it - as in the
Potts example - is not good.)

- Features that can't be realistically created for real can be
simulated. e.g. Create a web forum lookalike screen in Photoshop; fake a
web-shopping checkout or online feedback form, or a networked calendar
or booking sheet with graphics buttons and the like.  Since it's a
prototype website, such parts do not need to actually work.  So the kids
don't need to actually set up a Miki or a Woogle, they just have to
indicate that they know it would help the team share info / make
collaborative decisions.

- So by all means introduce kids to relevant tools, but don't freak
yourself out unnecessarily about having to use them in the outcome.

As I understand it...

Mark