[Year 12 IPM] A tip for outcome writing

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Thu Nov 23 19:52:39 EST 2006

Thanks, Keith, and I agree 100% with you too.  Are you already married?
  Anyway...

Fun and relevance are important, where possible.  MY problem is what *I*
think is funny is often open to argument  :-(  Never mind.  I was raised
on the Goon Show.  I will never be converted.

After I wrote a couple of outcomes for ITA U302, I thought of a really
good scenario that anyone else is free to pinch.

Consider global open-source software team-based enterprises such as
Firefox and (on a smaller but more approachable scale) OpenTTD
(http://openttd.com) which is an international group of enthusiasts
contributing to a common goal (the reverse-engineering, resurrection and
development of a BRILLIANT CLASSIC old game - Chris Sawyer's Transport
Tycoon.

OK.  I admit.  I'm addicted to the game, but am not an integral part of
the OTTD development group. Ten points if you can identify my Transport
Tycoon fan-site on the web.

I have emailed the hub-person of the OTTD group, and 'forumed' (it's MY
neologism - you heard it first here!) developers within the group asking
how they organise themselves to build a large, complex single product.
Should be really interesting.

Heavens above: VCE IT actually connects with the REAL WORLD?  Will
wonders never cease?

MArk K

\

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com