[Year 12 IPM] Where do I go...

Brendyn Hancock hancobr at nagle.sale.catholic.edu.au
Thu Nov 16 14:13:27 EST 2006

Correct Peter.

I understand it to be the same as you have outlined. It should read toward level 5.

ICT for creating has a section that would be the best place for digi folios

Brendyn

>>> oconnor.peter.t at edumail.vic.gov.au 16/11/2006 1:17 pm >>>
We need to be clear about what we are discussing here, I think.

When students are at level 5 they have worked through the progression points 4.25, .4.5 and 4.75. Examples of how students can be assessed at these progression points are in the document http://vels.vcaa.vic.edu.au/downloads/progressionpts/ict.pdf.

For example under 4.25, it gives as an example "use of a variety of data types to record ways in which ICT is used to develop new understandings or solve problems; for example, video recording the use of a data logger to collect scientific data", which lines up pretty well with the sort of thing you are talking about. Similarly for Excel. The art example is the use of image editing software to explore two-dimensional art.

However, I am not so sure digital portfolios using PowerPoint or web creation software fits in here.

_________
Peter O'Connor