[Year 12 IPM] OT - Suggestions please for Keen Students Activitiy sources

Roy Smalley R.Smalley at chisholm.vic.edu.au
Mon Nov 13 08:26:07 EST 2006

Keith,

When I worked at Sandringham SC we ran some IT classes (Powerpoint,
Graphics and Publisher) for the grade 4 students from Sandringham East
PS (next door to the Sandringham VCE campus). I don't know if they still
do it. It was a very enjoyable experience which I would recommend to any
IT teacher in a secondary school.

Roy Smalley
Access Department
Chisholm Institute of TAFE, Frankston

Work: VCE IT Office  9238 8496

>>> "Keith Richardson" <keithcr at fastmail.fm> Sunday, 12 November 2006
18:17:40 >>>
Please excuse cross-posts.

Hello everyone -
I received this email from the mother of a primary student (Grade 4)
who
is
bright and absolutely fascinated with computers.
I had suggested she find somewhere that offers out-of-school
activities
in this area, but she did not know where. Neither do I, hence this
appeal...

" Hi Keith I sent you an email ...with regard to a conversation we had
about extending my son (who is in Y4) in the area
of IT.  You mentioned at the time that you would post a request on the
lists that you are part of and get back to me with any suggestions.
I was wandering if anyone had come back to you with any ideas of
after-school enrichment activities for him so he could be more
challenged in an area that he really loves."

Can anyone offer me a suggestion please?

Many thanks,
Keith
Keith Richardson
Leibler Yavneh College