[Year 12 IPM] Re: ICT Progression Points

Michael Torsello (Mr) michael at stmargarets.vic.edu.au
Fri Nov 10 11:43:15 EST 2006

I approached it this way.
Earlier this year, my Curriculum Co-ordinator asked all depts to do an
audit of all the Interdisciplinary and Social and personal learning
domains for all subjects from Year 7 to 10. She passed these audits to
me and I then talked with the Heads of Departments - at least those who
found time to chat - about what they had put down as covering the ICT
domain.

The most common misconception was that using PowerPoint and putting
electronic resources on our Intranet was covering the ICT communication.
And I was able to identify activities that covered Visual Thinking.
I followed these chats up with a definitive explanation of the ICT
domain to all staff at a staff meeting giving examples from the audits.

Not much has happened since.

With thanks
Michael Torsello
Director of Computing