[Year 12 IPM] Game Making Software

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 12:52:52 EST 2006

 Show your students the basics for 1/2 hour, provide the resources then
stand back, providing assistance where needed. There are ooodles and oodles
of resources at all of the following locations (I can highly recommend the
space invader tutorial by Bill)
      http://www.freewebs.com/schoolgamemaker/
     http://www.users.on.net/~billkerr/index.htm<http://www.users.on.net/%7Ebillkerr/index.htm>
     http://www.mindtools.tased.edu.au/gamemaker

There are some sessions on programming stuff with GameMaker at the VITTA
2006 conference.
     http://www.vitta.org.au/conference

Lastly, some of my year 10/11 students are working with this on their
entries for the ScreenIT competition run by the ACMI. Deadline is the 1st
December so there is still time to join in. No programming experience needed
to begin work on your first game. :-)
     http://www.acmi.net.au/screenit.htm

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au