[Year 12 IPM] Relevant Acts for IT applications

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Nov 8 11:27:38 EST 2006

Interesting... so have these subsumptions already taken place, or are
they going to happen?

If they have not passed through parliament yet, what do we teach in the
meantime?

Do we still teach the $3m turnover rule?

Are any federal legislators subscribed to this list?  :-)

I had a read through http://privacy.gov.au/act/index.html and could not
find any changes to the existing legislation.

Confused once again - my normal state, it seems - I have written to the
office of the federal Privacy Commissioner seeking up-to-date information.

Mark

Christophersen, Paula P wrote:
> Dear Mark and colleagues

> Privacy Act and the Copyright Act had been omitted from the study design
> 2007 - 2010, I provide the following explanation (sourced from our
> Principal Legal Officer).
>
> After a period of time, these amendments become subsumed within the
> original Act – it’s not that we have ignored these amendments, it’s just
> that they are now considered part of the Acts. Of course, we are now in
> the midst of another developing copyright amendment, so when that is
> passed it will initially be viewed as an amendment, but still part of
> the Copyright Act.
>
> Regards
>
> Paula
>
> Paula Christophersen
> ICT Curriculum Manager
> Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
> 41 St Andrews Place
> EAST MELBOURNE 3002
> Phone: 03 9651 4378
> Fax: 03 9651 4324

Manager - Information Systems
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000  <<< NEW NUMBER
School Fax +613 95789253

IPM Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IPM Mailing List