[Year 12 IPM] OT- damn those kids and the internet!!

Meadows, Roslyn M Meadows.Roslyn.M at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Nov 6 19:15:12 EST 2006

lol - thanks for the link Brett!! I wouldn't say that Mark S or I are 'bad'=
 parents (certainly not to the point of  that nanny show or 'teen angels' on=
 TV) In fact I actually feel rather blessed and proud of my kids. We're just=
 having a gripe/comment on kids today, and I can also relate it to the kids=
 in the classes I teach (many of the girls openly admit they are 'addicted'=
 to myspace!)

This is the first generation of computer/internet kids, just as we were the=
 first generation of TV kids, and parents of the 60's - 90's despaired about=
 the amount of TV their kids watched. It's probably harder for us as now the=
re is TV AND the Internet AND games.

To Mark Scott - lol - your description conveys a perfect .jpg!!
To Mark Scott and Mark Kelly- said son finally showed me his course selectio=
n - most need enter scores above 90 - all involve IT/Business/Commerce. At l=
east he is aiming high. I guess we will re-evaluate on Dec 11 if needed.

Cheers (and loving the four day break!)

Ros Meadows
Lauriston Girls School
meadowsro at lauriston.vic.edu.au <mailto:meadowsro at lauriston.vic.edu.au>
meadows.roslyn.m at edumail.vic.gov.au

Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, includin=
g the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog.
Doug Larson