[Year 12 IPM] music copyright

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Thu Nov 2 11:39:11 EST 2006

Your MIS is right...

See http://www.copyright.org.au/pdf/acc/infosheets_pdf/G070.pdf

But the Copyright Amendment (Digital Agenda) Act 2000 is more more
honoured in the breach than the observance  :-)

Kerrie A Hammond wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I have had a student approach me about converting a file from a music
> cd(which he has purchased legitamitely) to a mp3 so that he can use the
> music on a photostory project. The network manager at my school tells me
> that this is illegal. Can anyone throw any light on this issue?
>
> Thank you
> Kerrie Hammond
> Trinity College Colac

Manager - Information Systems
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000  <<< NEW NUMBER
School Fax +613 95789253

IPM Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IPM Mailing List

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.