[Year 12 IPM] OT: VELS ICT

Geraldine McKenna gmckenna at ozemail.com.au
Thu Nov 2 00:27:31 EST 2006

With Year 12s now finished I have some time to look at VELS, particularly as
it applies to our Year 7 level IT course. In looking out our current report
where we have an outcome relating to the students knowledge of hardware and
software concepts / components, I was wondering where such 'knowledge' fits
into the VELS course. Given that ICT is not a discipline, I cannot see how
basic knowledge of computers (which students are usually lacking in) fits
into ICT for Visualising thinking, creating or communicating? Can anyone
help with this question?
Geraldine McKenna
Avila College
Mt Waverley