FW: [Year 12 IPM] IPM Exam

Meadows, Roslyn M Meadows.Roslyn.M at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Nov 1 15:51:37 EST 2006

________________________________

From: Meadows, Roslyn M
Sent: Wed 11/1/2006 3:05 PM
To: Year 12 Information Technology Processing and Management Teachers' Maili=
ng List
Subject: RE: [Year 12 IPM] IPM Exam

I sent this email to the list at 3:05 --- ahhh don't ya just leeeerv edumail=
, Anyway - plese accept my apologies if you receive it twice

At the risk of exposing my level of rational thinking at this stage of the y=
ear...

Q 10. I tend to agree with David and choose C. a quick reference card.
The question only refers to the installation of the network printer, and sur=
ely a computer support person would not need a technical reference manual to=
 INSTALL the printer.

Q. 16 I found totally ambiguous
In terms of time saved then surely a wireless connection is less faster to a=
ctually connect (eg when I want to synch my phone with my laptop I bluetooth=
 because otherwise I would spend 3 hours looking for the cable)
Same would go for IR printer connections etc (I remember printing via IR at=
 McKinnonSC and it certainly saved time by not having to connect to the netw=
ork first to print - in 2000 - before the days of wireles network cards)

I tossed up about the time savings in terms of the speed of a USB connection=
 compared to the speed of the wireless connection but eventually decided tha=
t in MY work and home life wireless saves me time.

In cost terms though you wuld have to go for the USB connection.

That's my 2 cents worth for the multiple choice - I await with baited breath=
 your contribution for the short answer section Mark...

Cheers

Ros Meadows
Lauriston Girls School
meadowsro at lauriston.vic.edu.au <mailto:meadowsro at lauriston.vic.edu.au>
meadows.roslyn.m at edumail.vic.gov.au

Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, includin=
g the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog.
Doug Larson