[Year 12 IPM] Your suggestions please

Lawson, Margaret mlawson at stmichaels.vic.edu.au
Thu Mar 30 08:53:51 EST 2006

Years ago at Trinity Grammar VITTA held a very useful PD activity
(Little, Potts and Poutney creation) where teachers wrote sample CAT's
(yes it was THAT long ago). People were split up into "software types"
and they were given the start of scenario - the group then had to invent
"possible problems" and "possible information solutions". It was a good
thinking task for the teachers teaching the course and the result was a
few good CAT's that circulated for many years to come.

Some hands on time developing timelines or possible activities for the
classroom would be good (rather than just presentations).

I think that it is going to be easier with this study design as it seems
that we have trimmed a bit of fat off the course and refined the study
design by linking Areas of Study with Outcomes.

I know that events are generally held during the week, but if there is
an opportunity of a repeat performance, a Saturday session might be good
for some of us who find it very difficult to get release.

Margaret