[Year 12 IPM] Excel problem -- How to..

Colin C Consiglio Colin_C_Consiglio at yahoo.com.au
Wed Mar 29 20:55:54 EST 2006

Lets assume data is in Columns A and B, starting in Row 19.....and looks
like this
A	B	C
R	F	TRUE
R	F	TRUE
R		FALSE
R	F	TRUE

Column C uses the logical AND function in formula like this
=AND(A19="R",B19="F")

This causes column C celss to result in TRUE or FALSE

In another cell you can use the COUNTIF function to count the number of
TRUEs
e.g. =COUNTIF(C19:C22,TRUE)

Thanks for the opportunity to play and test the boundaries of Excel again..

Colin Consiglio
Bayside Secondary College
Williamstown Campus