[Year 12 IPM] RE: The LT job and some resouce sharing

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 11:50:46 EST 2006

I quite agree Stephen, the edulist mailing list [elearning] doesnt quite
have the same critical mass or audience ... still worth the while for
eLearning Coordinators and Computer managers to join.

I once described this as the Chandler Critical Mass a decade ago when Dr
Paul Chandler reflected on this very problem when we explored the reasons
behind why some early mailing lists really took off whilst other dignified
lists sat there, humble and very quiet. It is something to do with the
signal-noise ratio where teachers tend to ask questions where they feel that
they might get an answer.

In light of this .. I was once puzzled why the staff here continually asked
Info Teach Teachers first for help with unjambing the photocopier or vending
machine coin jams. .. I suppose that we should take pleasure that our
expertise embaces problem solving and manipulating information paper-jams.

Hope you all had a cool term break :-)

Regards Roland

On 27/03/06, Stephen Digby <digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:

> Suggest that edulists.com.au Tech; edulists.com.au IPM List both serve
> this purpose.
> Better to get with the strength and make it stronger, rather then reinvent
> a smaller wheel.
>
> Have tried to get LT type discussion off the IPM list but IPM tchs have
> had such a large historic overlap with LT coord that there is a substantial
> inertia against separation.

> Stephen Digby, Learning Technology Manager
> digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
> Cheltenham Secondary College www.cheltsec.vic.edu.au Ph: 613 955 55 955
> Fx: 9555 8617
>
> (snip)