[Year 12 IPM] The Games and IT

Kevin Edwardes ke at stbedes.melb.catholic.edu.au
Fri Mar 10 09:43:09 EST 2006

Have a happy Comm Games Holiday all.
I'm going to the full dress rehearsal tonight. What a wonderful IS they
have put in place. It is a tech geeks dream. Hi and low tech multiple
systems for everything. Cat 5 cable running audio, lighting &
communications. High tech security and communications. Computers running
lots of things.
If only I still had the Top Level Security clearance along with that access
all areas pass.
Honestly, this is a great IT case study or should that be IS case study.

Cheers,
Kevin

At 07:10 PM 9/03/2006 +1100, you wrote:
>ROTFL .. I had to put up with two years of mystery anti GST posters,
>badgers and banners until I changed schools and acquired RGE. :-)
>Perhaps we should award a mystery award to the ICT teacher with the
>timetable initials ITA ..
>
>Seriously though.. thanks all for the laughs, reflection and banter.
>Have a well earned term break and let the Com Games begin !
>
>Regards Roland
>
>Bricks J. Winzer wrote:
>> One thing I find nerdishly fascinating is minutiae like this :)
>>
>> I remember in my schooling days the alphabet soup that was our
>> timetable - many a teacher read COM and thought "Commerce" rather than
>> "Computers"!
>>
>> In VCE... well, the subject codes were 5 chars, but on the timetable,
>> there was a max of 4 chars.  Naturally.  English for example was EN011
>> so it was no problem to change it to EN11 on the timetable.  The only
>> one which didn't work was Italian, e.g. LO141 which became L141
>> because the timetabler read the O as 0.
>>
>> Note it was LO, from LOTE.  Maybe the key is to take Italian out of
>> the equation by using LOTE as the name instead.
>> And of course, maybe use ICT rather than IT.
>>
>> Staff codes on timetables...?  Ugh, another area of fun ;)
>>
>> B.J.
>>
>> Roland Gesthuizen wrote:
>>> Gosh this brings back memories. When VCE IT replaced keyboarding many
>>> years ago, I created a frantic panic with the school administration
>>> looking for new codes that didnt clash with ITalian. Mamamia .. Sadly
>>> Mark, we missed out any International Trombone music classes. Perhaps
>>> again we will just call it year 12 IT for the timetable ;-)

>> Authority and
>> http://www.vitta.org.au  - VITTA Victorian Information Technology
>> Teachers Association Inc

and
>http://www.vitta.org.au  - VITTA Victorian Information Technology Teachers
Association Inc

Kevin Edwardes
B.Mus., B.Mus.Ed.,Dip.Arts, Grad.Dip.Ed.,GDICTEd,FTLC,ITF

Technology Department
St Bede's College
2 Mentone Parade Mentone 3194
+61 (0)3 9583 3325
The contents of this e-mail are confidential.  Any unauthorised use of the
contents is expressly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please advise by telephone immediately and then delete/destroy the
e-mail and any printed copies.  Thank you.