[Year 12 IPM] Wacom Interactive Pen Display

John Barr jbarr at wrc.vic.edu.au
Thu Mar 9 20:46:14 EST 2006

I use the wacom (Bluetooth) and Intewrite schoolpad (Bluetooth). My personal
view is that they suit my teaching better than an IWB. They allow me to walk
around the room without the need for students to get out of their seat. The
students are still engaged and the lesson is still very interactive. The
schoolpad ($1350) has similar (but not as classy) software to the
smartboards and activboards and has customizable tools (pressure points) on
the board as well as the screen. It is easy to use and the kids love it.

The wacom doesn't come with any interactive software but can be used with
any software.

These are very good, cheap alternatives to IWBs and in my own case,
preferable.

John Barr
ICT Coordinator
Warragul Regional College