[Year 12 IPM] ITA ("IPM 2007") summary

Charmaine Taylor tigeroz at alphalink.com.au
Fri Mar 3 23:35:52 EST 2006

I'm trialling the new study design this year and my Unit 1 students are
loving it. They come into class before the bell and even the kids who in
year 10 wouldn't do any work are fully engaged and producing quality.
It's beaut to be able to praise them instead of telling them off for not
working. All the students in the class (17) are keen to improve the
quality of their work. If just the first outcome has produced this
change of attitude in my students roll on the remaining outcomes..
The study design provides teachers with enormous scope to cater for your
students' interests, your passions, and yet meet industry requirements
and academic standards in the discipline of IT.  Look for the
opportunities rather than seeking constraints.

Charmaine Taylor
Sunbury Downs College