[Year 12 IPM] ITA ("IPM 2007") summary

Nick Axaris na at willihigh.vic.edu.au
Fri Mar 3 14:14:45 EST 2006

Apologies to anyone who may be offended by my "egghead" and "crud"
comments I retract them as they were said in the heat of the moment.

Don't take this personally.
The course as I read it is a rehash of the old with a few new added bits.
it needed a big spruce up and I'm afraid it hasn't happened.
The bottom line is bums on seats and we won't see that.
Students have moved past databases.
THIS is why vet courses are so popular.
quote: "The VET courses provide a
very different experience for students, and we did not want to replicate
that" end quote:

There was no need to replicate the courses but after our debates on this forum we should at least have incorporated elements from  them so that student interest would be there.

Who are we writing the courses for?
the students or the traditionalists?
I maintain that the course should be renamed IT office administration.(ITOA)