[Year 12 IPM] ITA (

Roland GESTHUIZEN rge at westallsc.vic.edu.au
Fri Mar 3 13:20:13 EST 2006

Nick, I guess that like some other teachers on the list, you are probably feeling the tension of the stuggles of our subject, study design changes and other pressures.

An college has found himself teaching something other than his beloved Information Technology subject. I know that a decade ago he spent hundreds of hours in his own time to secure this new subject tag and many more keeping his skills up to date. An offer to work together through the details of the new study design was politely turned down. I feel for his anguish and frustration giving due respect and dignity to his work teaching a generation of students the things that mattered to us all in the ways that we know best.

I salute the efforts by all my colleages who have given up so much of their free time to study, relearn, share, contribute and collaborate. We can each, only do our best .. wishing for a fair and reasonable outcome when the dust settles and the next group of students moves in. (line up at the door please)