[Year 12 IPM] ITA ("IPM 2007") summary

Benjamin Tallent tallent.benjamin.b at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Mar 3 12:50:41 EST 2006

IPM'rs

Margaret you have put some very good points forward, I think everything that
you have said is absolutely true. No one is ever going to get something
perfect, as we should all know there is never anything as perfect. In our
industry constructive feedback will be the biggest key to success because it
changes so dramatically. I'm teaching IPM for the first time this year at 22
(yes for those who wrote the "In ten years" e-mail I'll properly only just
start thing about having a family in 10 years). What the list should start
discussing is how we can teach within the study design set, a more
interactive unit of work.

The problem that I have found at my school so far is that there is no set
path way for students to follow. We are fighting for numbers against VET IT
and VET Multimedia for the kids interest. I think by focusing on making our
unit more interactive and sharing ideas, we alone will be able to increase
the students numbers.

I know with my numbers they have almost doubled both in year 11 and year 12
(year 11 24 students, last year 13 and year 12 13 students, last year around
8) just because of a change of teacher. (Not to pick on you Ray).

Sorry that's my 2 cents worth as well, cheers to Margaret.

Ben Tallent