[Year 12 IPM] ITA ("IPM 2007") summary

Kevin Edwardes ke at stbedes.melb.catholic.edu.au
Fri Mar 3 12:00:43 EST 2006

We all have had a chance to put our two(five) cents worth in.
It is a shame that some of the corrections have been "proofed" out or
rather "not proofed" out.

At 11:13 AM 3/03/2006 +1100, you wrote:
>I'm with Zach.
>More of the same crud that has seen dramatic drops in numbers across the
>state.
>It seems the eggheads who planned the "new" course live in the dark ages.
>
>Zach Alexakos wrote:
>> I haven't received my copy of the study guide yet, (another top down
>> approach?) and am somewhat bewildered by Mark's summary.
>>
>> After all the razzle dazzle about IPM becoming more multi-media
>> inclusive, eg: iMovie, GarageBand, etc...Mark's 'pleasure document' is
>> more of the same.  Spreadsheets, Databases, etc... hey wasn't this
>> supposed to be the start of the revival in VCE IT numbers around the
>> state by making the course more exciting and interesting?
>>
>> Must check the membership of those advisory boards between the first
>> study guide draft and the now official guide.  Something obviously
>> happened while I wasn't watching...
>>
>> Zach Alexakos
>> Nth Geelong SC
>>

>> At 03:16 PM 2/03/2006, you wrote:
>>> Attached for your planning pleasure is a Word doc summarising the key
>>> knowledge, key skills and outcomes for what I'm calling ITA ('IT
>>> Applications')
>>>

>>> --
>>> Mark Kelly
>>> McKinnon Secondary College
>>> Authority and
>>> http://www.vitta.org.au  - VITTA Victorian Information Technology
>>> Teachers Association Inc
>>>

>> Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If
>> received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before
>> opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects.
>> Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the
>> negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from
>> the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying
>> any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed
>> are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the
>> Department of Education & Training.
>> Authority and
>> http://www.vitta.org.au  - VITTA Victorian Information Technology
>> Teachers Association Inc

and
>http://www.vitta.org.au  - VITTA Victorian Information Technology Teachers
Association Inc

Kevin Edwardes
B.Mus., B.Mus.Ed.,Dip.Arts, Grad.Dip.Ed.,GDICTEd,FTLC,ITF

Technology Department
St Bede's College
2 Mentone Parade Mentone 3194
+61 (0)3 9583 3325
The contents of this e-mail are confidential.  Any unauthorised use of the
contents is expressly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please advise by telephone immediately and then delete/destroy the
e-mail and any printed copies.  Thank you.