[Year 12 IPM] OT: Job description

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Tue Jul 18 19:43:00 EST 2006

Hi Rob,

  Database management is an overall responsibility of mine but not the day to day running of them.

Eg. Markbook , rollcall,  library database ( dynix ), student subject selections online, student suspensions ( network and physically from school ), are all taken care of by individuals who are responsible for them such as SSO's or library manager or teachers, or office SSO for suspensions. However, I am expected to step in when there are problems and issues to fix in a technical sense.
 Subject selections eg. Yr 9 to 10 , or 10 -> 11 or 11 - > 12 is set up by me, structured, massaged , summarised and prepared for importing into the timetablers database after which he takes over to organise classes that will run etc.
 I am expected to keep the Principal updated with database reports reflecting prospective class sizes as this database is modified and updated up to the cut off point where subject selections close.
 I have to add that this happens with the assistance of my technical support people so it is always a team effort but as ICT manager I am ultimately responsible for the maintenance of these databases as well as the future direction of all database and network interaction , structure and management. By this I mean I have been trying to integrate a number of databases and one project at present is the attendance and timetabling package integration.

Sorry to take up IPM time with this, but I am sure it is useful for our current and aspiring ICT coordinators on this list.

Best Wishes

Kevork Krozian
Mailing List Creator and Administrator
kevork at edulists.com.au