[Year 12 IPM] Practice SAC question

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Sat Jul 15 19:06:43 EST 2006

A solution is attached...

The 2-dimensional lookup is achieved with a second lookup in a second
lookup table.

A bit tricky, but a valuable technique.  Note: the BA,MD, PHd etc table
must be in ascending alphabetical order for it to vlookup correctly.

HTH

Mark K

Diane Peat wrote:
> Hello everyone
> As part of the practice tasks for SAC 4/1, I intend to give the students the
> attached spreadsheet of salaries. But I'm nowhere near as clever as I
> thought I was! Now I'm a bit stumped over the formula I would need to
> calculate salaries. Is there a wiz out there who could tell me the formula?
> I tried If/And but I still got confused. I know I know this but I've had a
> mental block after not teaching it for two years. And also, am I getting in
> too deep for them do you think?
>
> Many thanks.
> Diane Peat
> Firbank Grammar School
> BRIGHTON   VIC   3186

Manager - Information Systems
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000 << new number!
School Fax   +613 9578 9253

IPM Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IPM Mailing List

1. We must pity one another, and be gentle.

2. Doctor  - "We must all face reality sooner or later"
    Dowd    - "I wrestled with reality for 35 years, doctor, and I'm
happy to say I won out over it."
    From 'Harvey', 1950.

3.  I'm a gay, black, left-handed communist Jew.  Got a problem with that?