[Year 12 IPM] HDD usage by teachers

Tue Jul 11 04:26:18 EST 2006

**> What is a reasonable amount these  days for an average teacher? 50 MB?
500MB

I have over 400 MB of material online.  I recently created my own internet
domain and chose a 1GB account to allow for expansion.

I would recommend that all teachers also use an external hard disk drive to
backup notebook hard disk drives. Especially around report writing time.

 In my experience no matter how large the hard disk drive I will fill it
which is why archiving material to DVD's is something I do often.

 500 MB would be a good starting point but as soon as you add Video or Audio
to the equation then you will need significantly more.*
*

At least the cost of hard disk drives is significantly less than it used to
be.

Regards,

Rupert.

**