[Year 12 IPM] Audacity -- From the Administrator

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Mon Feb 27 10:05:30 EST 2006

Hi  B.J.

   Thanks for your quick response.

 I almost fell over when I read your frustration with red tape and bureaucracy.
 Back around 1995 where I had the school with its own functioning domain name, 2 live Class C addresses,  a broadband cable connection to the world ( we were a lucky one of 3 schools on the Optus trial )  every teacher and student with an email account and 4 networked rooms of computers across 3 campuses all connected and internet capable, I too struck a lot of red tape and bureaucracy. Most of my work was a labour of love in my own time with limited resources and even less empathy ......  . Things only got better once the principal team had internet as well ......
  I would have hoped things had moved forward much further in the last decade but it seems the frustrations are all very real and still widespread.
 Without wishing to skew away from the original post, all I can say B. J. is please share all your experiences with like minded colleagues in this virtual community, and ask for support where you need it and give  support where you are able.
  I am fairly confident when I say, we all wish to share your joys as well as frustrations and to learn from you and others who take the time to participate on these lists.

Best Wishes

Kevork Krozian
IT Manager , Forest Hill College
k.krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au
http://www.fhc.vic.edu.au
Mobile: 0419 356 034

>>> sarcophagus13 at iprimus.com.au 02/24/06 04:29pm >>>
>      However, in your post of Wed Feb 22 16:29:19 below, you used language
> that does not help the discussion or thread. As such it is against
> the netiquette rules by which subscribers to edulists agree to abide
> as outlined under the netiquette link at www.edulists.com.au. and
> emailed to each new subscriber.
>       So B.J. please don't lose the passion, just take care that
> unprofessional language doesn't come through with it.

My apologies.

I'm just getting frustrated in my job by what I often see are unnecessary
roadblocks, or my talents just not being utilised.  I'm pretty fed up with
red tape and bureaucracy.

There are also a few things going on outside of work which are making life
difficult.

B.J.