[Year 12 IPM] Audacity

Brett Davies DAVIB at woodleigh.vic.edu.au
Thu Feb 23 10:06:15 EST 2006

I didn't see any personal attacks, the tech does however need to pull
his/her head in and stop giving lame excuses for not installing
something on the network. I would like to know exactly WHAT  security
issues he/she has with Audacity.

If he/she cannot explain that then there is clearly another agenda. I
doubt he/she will be able to explain his/her reasons in relation to this
program.If the teacher wants Audacity and the tech can give only a
standard "security issue" reason without explanation then in my book the
teacher should get Audacity, and, if he/she doesn't like it there are
plenty of places around who will just blindly accept his/her
technobabble and be amazed by his/her apparent depth of knowledge and
insight into Technology!!!

Brett Davies
Woodleigh School
Golf Links Road
Baxter Vic 3911

Phone: (03) 5971 1108
Fax: (03) 5911 1010
Mobile: 0411 66 22 55
davib at woodleigh.vic.edu.au

WEIR Andrew wrote:
> Whilst I agree that Audacity is a fantastic program and that the use
of
> it should be encouraged. I am a little concerned at how this Subject
is
> starting to descend in to an attack on technicians or more
specifically
> a technician.

It's not a personal attack per se it's about who runs the school.
the technician or the teachers?

> I do agree that it is a curriculum issue as to what software should
be
> installed and why. Consideration as to the technical issues should
be
> made but as all ready experienced and mentioned there is not much
that
> audacity won't run on. Having also experienced these circumstances
first
> hand I do know it is frustrating.
>
> I believe that we need to stay on track with the discussion and
avoid
> the use of personal attacks. We do also need to be careful simply
> because we don't know all of the people who read these emails. I know
my
> technicians certainly do.

That's a good thing because maybe the individual at hand can then
understand that he is not god and is answerable to the school and it's

curriculum needs and not his personal agendas.

> Andrew
>
> Andrew Weir
> Head Of Information Technology
> VK3HFT
> Thomas Carr College
> 35 Thomas Carr College Tarneit
>
> Phone 9748 4466
> Fax 9748 4388
>
> Disclaimer: This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential. You
> must not disclose or use the information in this e-mail if you are
not
> the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error,
> please notify Thomas Carr College on 03 9748 4466 immediately and
delete
> the e-mail and all copies. Thomas Carr College does not guarantee
that
> this e-mail is virus or error free. The attached files are provided
and
> may only be used on the basis that the user assumes all
responsibility