[Year 12 IPM] OT - Region 1 DVDs

Bricks J. Winzer sarcophagus13 at iprimus.com.au
Thu Feb 23 00:02:12 EST 2006

It will play only on a so-called region-free player.  I've seen a few
players labelled as such which don't work with many (or any) foreign discs.

Australia is Region 4 which corresponds to the PAL format down here; Region
1 is the USA in NTSC.

Computers with DVD drives can usually play other regions no problem, but it
depends on the player software.  My friend found that his player would only
let him change the region a fixed number of times.  Others find they can
change it at will.

B.J.