[Year 12 IPM] combined classes

Bricks J. Winzer sarcophagus13 at iprimus.com.au
Wed Feb 22 17:57:48 EST 2006

I'm top posting here because otherwise people will complain that this is a
bottom post.

> I don't know what the fuss is about.
> I've got 25 students in one of my classes = 12 yr9/10 IT and 13 yr10 VET
> IT students in one class, and
> 27 students in my other VET IT class = 13 yr1, 14 yr2.
> All at different levels and capabilities of course, just adds to the fun.

Not everyone can deal with such diversity within a single classroom.  I know
I couldn't and it cost me my position at my previous school.  I should add
that I am in my third year of teaching and still inexperienced.  (I haven't
been in one place long enough to apply for full registration - I'm chasing
contracts.  Hence I might get out and become a techie.)

I think it is unreasonable to combine classes because it's effectively
saying, "This school does not take your subject seriously".

B.J.