[Year 12 IPM] Re:IT/IP&Mcombined class

Graham gales.graham.w at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Feb 22 15:37:47 EST 2006

On 22/02/2006, at 2:28 PM, Sharma, Yogeeta Y wrote:

> The major problem I am facing  is the class size, like Andrew said.
> I have 18 Year 11’s and 6 Year 12’s.
> I am also new to the system, i.e. just a year of IP&M experience
> and we have switched from on-line-text to Potts this year.
>
> Yogeeta Sharma

This is ridiculous ... at Bright P12 we have combined (aka piggy
back) classes , but they are never that full ... once the class
reaches a combined total of 15 students, then it reverts to straight
classes.  This occurred last year where initially IPM and IT were
combined but once student selections were finalised, the numbers were
such (16 Yr 11 and 8 Yr 12) that it became separate subjects ...

Your situation is unfair on you and on the students .... almost an
instant reason for special consideration ....

Graham Gales
Bright P-12 College
IPM, Science and Maths Teacher
Timetabler/ Daily Organiser
Gifted & Talented Co-ordinator
Heir apparent to the Chief Cook and BottleWasher
Understudy to the general Dogsbody