[Year 12 IPM] Rationale behind the new study design

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Feb 21 14:45:49 EST 2006

Hi Adrian

I know there are a lot of good reasons for changing the study design.

What I'm interested in is *VCAA's* good reasons for changing the study
design!

I'm not trying to be critical or pick a fight with VCAA; I'd just like
to know their reasons for some significant changes of direction in the
new course.

Adrian Janson wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Well as you know - IT is a rapidly changing industry. That in and of itself
> is a massive impetus for change. (BTW - Did you know that the NSW study
> design is only rewritten very 10 years?!) Software is available now that
> wasn't 3 years ago, career priorities have changed, hardware has changed,
> the skill level of our students has changed and the world has changed. If we
> were looking at a 10 year turnaround like NSW - we would be asking 'why NO
> change?????!!!'.
>
> ;)
>
> Adrian Janson

Manager - Information Systems
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000 << new number!
School Fax   +613 9578 9253

IPM Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IPM Mailing List

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.