[Year 12 IPM] Audacity

Meadows, Roslyn M Meadows.Roslyn.M at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Feb 21 13:30:51 EST 2006

Syliva, tell your tech that due to the increased cost of software you are forced to let him go!!!

On a serious note - audacity is neither freeware nor shareware - it is open source software (and if he doesn't know what that is he doesn't deserve to be a tech).

Ask him to download the file, install it on one machine which is isolated from the network and then run all the virus and spyware scans he can think of. When he is happy that the installation process will not harm the system he can install it on all machines.

Cheers

Ros Meadows
Lauriston Girls School
meadowsro at lauriston.vic.edu.au <mailto:meadowsro at lauriston.vic.edu.au>
meadows.roslyn.m at edumail.vic.gov.au

Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog.
Doug Larson