[Year 12 IPM] Rationale behind the new study design

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Feb 21 11:44:49 EST 2006

Thanks, Paula.  My only question is the original question :-)

Has the VCAA published its reasons for changing the course as it has done?

Mark

Christophersen, Paula P wrote:

> Dear Mark and other interested colleagues
>

> All VCE studies follow the same process when undergoing reaccreditation.
> Key steps in the process include:
>
> ·          Establishment of review committee (all teachers have the
> opportunity to submit an expression of interest to be on this committee)
>
> ·          Consideration of the terms of reference, prepared by the
> Board of VCAA
>
> ·          Preparation of a benchmarking report that investigates
> national and international practices and recommends areas for
> consideration by the review committee
>
> ·          Ongoing reaccreditation meetings to respond to the terms of
> reference and to draft a study design, in accordance with the VCAA
> Principles, Guidelines and Procedures for the Review of VCE studies (see
> VCE Bulletin, Supplement 1, March 2003, No 186)
>
> ·          Regular, formal reporting to internal VCAA committees (and
> responding to queries raised by these)
>
> ·          Consultation with teachers and other targeted stakeholders on
> the draft study design (methods include online surveys, paper-based
> surveys, focus group meetings)
>
> ·          Review of draft study design by independent reviewers
>
> ·          Refinement of study design, in light of feedback from
> consultation and direction from internal committees
>
> ·          Recommendation for accreditation from the VCAA board, and
> accreditation granted from the Victorian Qualifications Authority.
>

> Typically this process takes 9 - 10 months.
>

> If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to ask.
>

> Regards, Paula

Manager - Information Systems
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000 << new number!
School Fax   +613 9578 9253

IPM Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IPM Mailing List

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.