[Year 12 IPM] Notebooks for New Staff - DET needs to help

Roland Gesthuizen rge at westallsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Feb 20 10:07:24 EST 2006

Some good points Stephen,

I  like your suggestion of a floating notebook(s) that is available to
fill incidental gaps. It's the new teachers that generally miss out.
Perhaps for too many occasions I have also loaned out my personal
notebook for the librarian for remote cataloging, excursions etc. As I
see it, better to fall apart with use than sit in a cupboard or under
the desk.

Most participants at the recent VITTA planning weekend brought along
their notebook and made very good use of the free wireless connectivity
provided at the country venue. This is something I now take for granted
and sadly missed by most teachers that briefly visit my school as we
juggle digital certificates etc.

Regards Roland