[Year 12 IPM] Gathering data slideshow resource

Roland Gesthuizen rge at westallsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Feb 14 18:52:29 EST 2006

G'day Keith, glad you asked.

Its an OpenDocument format file (in this case odp is a SlideShow) a new
standards based XML system for sharing files, long term stable archives
etc. We will start to see a lot of this stuff about and there are some
really good issues for students to sink their brains into.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_applications_supporting_OpenDocument
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument

I know you like to get your head under the bonnet .. download the odp
file, rename the file extension to zip then have a fascinating peek
inside. Grab a free copy of http://OpenOffice.org or another package
above then open it to see it from the editor and a PDF viewer to see it
from the outside. More in the next VITTA newsletter. :-)

Regards Roland