[Year 12 IPM] List Netiquette

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Fri Feb 10 16:08:56 EST 2006

Hi Robert,

 Thanks for your considered comments here. Most people mean well, but don't realise the amount of trouble caused to those on dial up accounts when sending large attachments .
Due to the difficulties of people not observing this vountary code I have had to force rejection of any mail to any list that is larger than 1 MB. If we struggle with this , it may have to be reduced further to 500KB or even lower.

 Also, replying to the whole list is an unnecessary waste of bandwidth and really dilutes the quality of posts to the list. This has caused many people to unsubscribe which is sad. All we can do is keep reminding people to consider their destination email address before hitting the send button.

Keep well

Kevork Krozian
Mailing List Creator and Administrator
kevork at edulists.com.au