[Year 12 IPM] (no subject)

McElholum, Daniel E mcelholum.daniel.e at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Dec 19 13:50:12 EST 2006

Hello All,

This is my first message so I hope it works.

I have taught maths and science for years but next year I have been given a=
 combined yr 11 and yr 12 group for IT.

I have never taught IT at yr 9 to yr12 before and I have never seen it being=
 taught.

I have looked at the course design but it is too vague to be of much use.

The text book on the student's booklist is  Potts but I have not been able t=
o get a copy.

I have found some of the posts on this list informative but I need some advi=
ce.

What exactly am I supposed to teach - what are the students supposed to be a=
ble to do at the end of the course.

What software do they use - words like "software tools" do not seem enough f=
or my level of ignorance.

Help!

Dan

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received=
 in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using=
 attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, dam=
age or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, r=
esulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liabi=
lity is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations=
 or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessari=
ly those of the Department of Education.