[Year 12 IPM] usb memory sticks

Andrew Shortell a.shortell at braemar.vic.edu.au
Mon Dec 4 10:03:17 EST 2006

If you are running windows then just set the permissions to prevent exe
and bat files from running off the sticks. On the Macs it is a little
less precise but can be done.

This will prevent them from being able to set up local admin accounts,
remapping the drive and stop them from running games.
One would presume that your sys admin already prevents them from running
exe files from their home directories...???
Thus no problem...

Andrew Shortell
Braemar College

On