[Year 12 IPM] Good PC vendors

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Fri Aug 18 12:38:54 EST 2006

Hi Trent and Claire and any others that may be interested,

  We bought 110 computers around April this year from Paragon Systems for Forest Hill College and got a great deal. Furthermore, we are very happy with them. They are reliable, fast and support is great for any problems ( we had to replace about 3 LCD monitors ). The specs were as follows :

//
    Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home CD Operating System. Please Note: This is an OEM product.
    Warranty Next day onsite warranty - 3 years workstations
    Cables External AC Y Power Cable - 3 Pin Main Plug to 2 x IEC Female connectors for wall to 1 PC & 1 Male for wall to 1 PC & 1 Monitor
    Processor INT P4-640 3.2G/800 2MB LGA775
    Memory 2 x 512MB PC3200 DDR400 Memory
    Motherboard Intel P4/Cel mATX 915G Express chipset, LGA775 800FSB, Up to 4GB DDR400 RAM Dual-Channel (4x DIMM), Integrated     Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 & PCI-e x16, Intel 6-Channel audio, Integrated Intel 10/100/1000 LAN, 2 PCI/1 PCI Express x1, 4 Back/4 Internal USB 2.0 ports, 4 SATA150 ports/1 ATA100 port (2 devices).
Floppy Drive Not Required
Case D551T DESKTOP BLACK/SILVER, W/FNT USB&AUDIO/REAR FAN/AIR DUCT UATX, IWD551TSLBK24UAAD
Keyboard Microsoft Black Value Pack Win32 PS2. Contains MultiMedia PS2 Keyboard & Intellimouse Optical USB with PS/2 Connectivity. MS Win 95, Win 98, Win Me, Win 2000 or Win XP.
Hard Drive 80GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA-300, 8MB Cache IDE Hard Drive
CD/DVD-ROM Lite-on DVD-ROM 16x drive
//

   I actually use this configuration for research purposes with my students.
Contact Catherine Tomaras at Edusales at paragonit.com.au  and feel free to pass on or not to pass on my details or recommendation if it will help you get a better deal.

Best Wishes

Kevork Krozian
IT Manager , Forest Hill College
k.krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au
http://www.fhc.vic.edu.au
Mobile: 0419 356 034

>>> claire at warrandytehigh.vic.edu.au 08/18/06 10:18am >>>
Trent,
When you make a final decison can you share your findings (and advice from others) with the list?
I'm sure many schools are (or will be) going thru the same process.
Claire Bloom
Warrandyte High