[Year 12 IPM] OT - cheaper EWB alternatives

Michael Torsello (Mr) michael at stmargarets.vic.edu.au
Tue Aug 15 08:23:55 EST 2006

Dear colleagues

There are calls from some quarters at my school to put electronic
whiteboards in as many class rooms as possible.
After the Business Manager recovered from his heart attack, he has asked
me to investigate some cheaper alternatives.
I have read about ways to convert standard whiteboards into electronic
ones by using a special type of projector or a special gadget you can
attach to a standard whiteboard. I have the brochures but ...

As anyone else used or tested such a device at their school?
If so, what are comparative results regarding performance, visibility,
ease of use etc?

Thanks for your assistance.
With thanks
Michael Torsello