[Year 12 IPM] OTT - VELS Reporting Software

fiona at balmoralhs.vic.edu.au fiona at balmoralhs.vic.edu.au
Thu Aug 10 11:04:33 EST 2006

I am the markbook co-ordinator at our school.

If you choose to modify the format (which is possible, but I have been informed we are not supposed to do), you have to be careful with the templates you alter.

The initial build of the subjects creates the templates but at the later stage when you generate the results it will revert back to the original templates.  You need to have two folders of templates, one for your final print-off and one for all calculations, generations etc

We are supposed to use the template supplied but, as someone mention here last week, there is no room for a course description nor for a description of the items you based your assessment on.  Our school feels that this is a really important part of the report. So did we change them or obey instructions? Ask me directly if you need any help.

We may use the student / parent feedback sheet next year when we use VELS for all subjects but for this year we just made it an extra single sheet created in word.  With regards the student goals sheet I think this might become something outside of markbook as well, purely because of the time factors that will be involved in asking teachers to add the info to markbook.  This is in my to-be-created in 2007 file lost in the dark recesses of my mind to be brought back to light around April next year.

Fiona Bain
Balmoral High