[Year 12 IPM] school HDD capacity

RILEY, Bruce Bruce.RILEY at kew.vic.edu.au
Wed Aug 9 12:32:07 EST 2006

Hi Jim,

Most students get 50 Mb while VCE Art kids get 200 Mb. If necessary we
increase this. Media is an interesting issue. We have created a
partition on the local hard drive which only they can see to write their
files too. These are then backed up to an external HD or burnt to a
CD/DVD. Total capacity on our other servers is approx about a terabyte
but we are looking to increase this via a SAN solution.

For teachers with notebooks, backup is there own responsibility. We
don't have the capacity at the moment to do this. We used to use iFolder
and may do so again when we increase our storage capacity.

Bruce